Courtesy of the Omaha Convention and Visitors Bureau
The mission of the RCGA is to provide support for all persons who experience any form of gender dysphoria or issue. We welcome all persons with a gender identity issue, their spouse, significant other, and family members. To fulfill the mission of the RCGA the objectives will be:
Monthly support meetings
Provide educational assistance and resource referrals.
Develop self-confidence/self-esteem in all members.
Network with other support groups.
Provide outreach activities that positively reflect our identities and community.
Provide outreach to helping professionals who want to serve the transgender community.
Hold social gatherings.
RCGA does not discriminate against anyone based on race, color, sex, religion, non-religious spirituality, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation. Notably, River City Gender Alliance fully embraces equality, diversity, and inclusion to make our community one!
Rules of Conduct
1. This is not a dating group. We understand that this group meets up on a regular basis and that relationships can form; however, we ask that our members do not try to solicit a date.
2. No soliciting, proselytizing, spamming or MLM’s, as well as, using ‘Fake’ profiles. Active profiles are most desired. (We are not someone’s side hustle.) Violations will not be tolerated.
3. Do not share private, personal information with the group in posts or comments. This includes phone numbers, private addresses, social security numbers, credit card numbers, or other sensitive info.
4. No hate speech. We have a zero tolerance policy on this. Defamation, bullying, “ghosting”, “trolling”, “creeping” or stalking of other members. Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind is not allowed, and degrading comments based on race, religious or non-religious beliefs, culture, geographic location, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity will not be tolerated.
5. Pornographic posts are not allowed. Members may NOT share anything sexual in nature due to members being 16 or over and families who are part of our group. Sex education is ok if substantiated. Other educational or informative posts are allowed in the proper context.
6. Be Kind and Courteous. We are all in this together to create a welcoming environment. Let's treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates and discourse are natural and encouraged, but kindness is required.
7. Respect everyone's privacy. Being part of this group requires mutual trust. Authentic, expressive discussions make groups great, but may also be sensitive and private. What's shared in the group should stay in the group.
8. River City Gender Alliance is not a political forum, and as such is not open to political discussion, debate or discourse. Any political posts or comments will be deleted by an admin. Notably, advocating for transgender acceptance is not political in nature and is in accordance with RCGA bylaws.